Facilities Onsite and Locally
For a village location, we are well connected with local bus and train services.
Our local train station is Kempston Hardwick (3 Miles), which provides a service between Bedford and Bletchley in Milton Keynes. To access trains from Milton Keynes to most destinations around the country you will need to catch a train or bus from Bletchley to Milton Keynes (Times are displayed on the time tables) or Bedford main line can access allot of destinations (Shown on the time tables).
You will need to have Adobe installed on your phone or laptop to view PDF files from London Midland.
London Midland timetable Bletchley - Bedford for Mobile Phones PDF file format
London Midland timetable Bletchley - Bedford for all Other Devices PDF file format
Northbound Houghton Conquest to Bedford and other destinations.
Southbound Houghton Conquest to Ampthill and other destinations.
Local Takeaways that deliver to Houghton Conquest
- Walkable. Village store. Open around 6:30 to 7:30 every day, Cash machine, Post Office, Newspapers, food and drink.
- Walkable. Village pub, The Royal Oak. No food, cheap beer and local gossip. Fish and chip van Tuesday. More info
- Walkable. Knife and Cleaver. Good food, good beer and wine selection, not as cheap but you'll see why when you get there. More info
- The Chequers, Pub. Ampthill Road. Drive towards Ampthill, (1.5 miles). More info
- Stewertby Club (2 miles). Cheap beer Friday nights. Sometimes live bands. £1 membership. More Info
- The Albion, Ampthill (3 miles). A real ale drinkers paradise. Always over 10 real ales. More Info
- The Stone Jug, Clophill (About 2 miles if you go by country lanes) Great real ales and good company. More info
- The Red Lion Wilstead. Sports pub with all the Premership games Info
- The Woolpack Wilstead. Opposite the Red Lion, good for food. Info
- Chinese Takeaway. Wilstead. Opposite the Woolpack. Probably the best local Chinese.
- Wilstead Tandoori. Wilstead, Opposite the Woolpack. A good Indian takeaway, reasonably priced. Info
- Portu Gallos. Much nicer than a KFC. Can be ordered befre collecting. Really good Portuguese chicken ! Info
- Lakeside fish and chips. Wixhams. Info
- Supermarkets. All are about 10 - 15 minutes drive away. In Kempston, Lidl and Sainsbury. Ampthill Road Bedford, Morrisons and a new Aldi opening soon. Tesco is in Flitwick.
- Interchange Retail Park. Only 4 miles away, easy to get to, and has numerous shops and KFC, Burger King and MacDonalds. Info
There are plenty of great walks if its a warm evening. See here
Or you might find some other stuff here at Houghton-Online